Furman holds off Appalachian State 85-82Dec 4, 2009 - 2:52 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Jordan Miller scored 26 points to lead five players in double figures and Furman held off Appalachian State 85-82 on Thursday night.
Miller hit a jumper with 31 seconds remaining to give the Paladins (5-1, 1-0 Southern Conference) an 81-80 lead. Justin Dehm, who scored 12 points, hit four free throws the rest of the way to keep the lead for the Paladins. Colin Reddick scored 14 points, Amu Saaka added 13 and Darryl Evans 10 for the Paladins.
The win gave Furman its second straight road victory after snapping a 20-game road losing streak against UNC-Asheville on Nov. 27. It was the first win for the Paladins at Appalachian State in six tries.
The Mountaineers (4-4, 0-1), who had a two-game winning streak snapped, were led by Jeremi Booth with 18 points. Donald Sims added 17 points, Kellen Brand had 14 and Ryann Abraham added 12 for the Mountaineers.
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 82 FINAL
Dec 3 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 35 HALFTIME
Dec 3 7:57 PM
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1
- Zeller and North Carolina cruise past App State Dec 17
- Clanton, No. 19 UCF handle Furman Dec 30
- Hoyas bounce back with win over Appalachian State Dec 12