Detroit tops Youngstown State 82-71Dec 4, 2009 - 2:54 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Thomas Kennedy had 19 points and six rebounds to lead Detroit past Youngstown State 82-71 Thursday night.
Eugene Blue and Xavier Keeling added 15 points each for the Titans (5-2, 1-0 Horizon League), and Woody Payne had 11.
DeAndre Mays had 16 points to lead the Youngstown State (3-4, 0-1). Sirlester Martin and Vytas Sulskis added 14 points each for the Penguins. Mays and Martin hit two 3-pointers each.
Youngstown couldn't overcome hot shooting by the Titans, who made 29 of 43 (67 percent) from the field. The Penguins hit 23 of 55 (42 percent).
Youngstown grabbed 12 offensive rebounds and outscored Detroit 13-5 in second-chance points. But the baskets were offset by Detroit's 20-8 advantage in fast-break points.
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27
- Boeheim earns 900th win as Syracuse holds off Detroit Dec 17
- Boeheim goes in search of win No. 900 Dec 17
- Kansas cruises past Detroit Mar 17