Loyola, La. 66, Nicholls St. 82Dec 4, 2009 - 4:20 AM THIBODAUX, La. (AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 23 points to lead Nicholls State to its first win of the season, 82-66 over Loyola-New Orleans on Thursday night.
Fred Hunter added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Colonels (1-8), who were playing their first home game of the season. Maurice Foster added 13 points and Kenny Franklin Jr. added 12.
Sean Bennett scored a game-high 28 points for the NAIA's Wolfpack (5-3). Nick Tuszynski added 13 points and Tony Beaulieu had 10.
The Colonels had their best shooting night of the season, going 27-for-57 from the field (47.4 percent). The Wolfpack shot well also, making 22 of 43 field goal attempts (51.2 percent).
The Colonels held Ryan Brock, who came into the game averaging 26 points, to eight points. A 37-22 rebounding edge for the Colonels kept Loyola at bay in the second half.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17
- Colonels come calling on 14th-ranked Tigers Nov 16
- North Carolina handles Nicholls State Dec 19
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with Tar Heels Dec 19