Belmont defeats Kennesaw State 75-70 in OTDec 4, 2009 - 3:40 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Keaton Belcher scored a career-high 26 points and Belmont never trailed in overtime to take a 75-70 victory over Kennesaw State in the Atlantic Sun Conference opener for both teams on Thursday night.
Belcher was 9-for-14 from the field, including four 3-pointers, as the Bruins (5-2) won their fourth consecutive game. Belcher hit two layups to help Belmont outscore Kennesaw State (3-4) 11-2 to start overtime.
The Bruins went 5-for-5 from the field in overtime.
Kennesaw State's Markeith Cummings sent the game into overtime on a 3-pointer with 3.4 seconds left in regulation. He finished with 32 points and 11 rebounds for his second double-double of the season.
Ian Clark scored 16 points and Jon House added 10 points for Belmont.
Kurtis Woods and LaDaris Green added 10 points each for Kennesaw State, which hit 12 3-pointers and shot 30.8 percent from beyond the arc.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 70 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 3 9:41 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 21 HALFTIME
Dec 3 8:21 PM
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14