Morehead State outlasts Tennessee-Martin 74-66Dec 4, 2009 - 5:10 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried had 19 points and 18 rebounds and Morehead State survived a late rally by Tennessee-Martin to win 74-66 on Thursday night in the Ohio Valley Conference opener for both teams.
The Eagles (2-3) led 32-22 at halftime after the Skyhawks shot 5-for-25 from the field (20 percent).
In the second half, Tennessee-Martin (1-4) pulled within 41-38 with 12:19 left, but Morehead State built another 10-point cushion, keyed by two baskets by Brandon Shingles.
With 1:01 left, MJ Brown made a layup for a 65-62 lead. Faried responded with a layup and the Eagles were also 8-for-10 at the line in the final 45 seconds to seal the win.
Les Simmons and Demonte Harper added 15 points each for Morehead State.
Benzon Simmons scored 22 points for Tennessee-Martin on 7-for-15 shooting and added nine rebounds. Brown had 17 points and Delrico Lane scored 14.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23