Stephen F. Austin beats Southern University 79-52Dec 5, 2009 - 3:44 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Denzel Barnes scored 14 points on 6-of-6 shooting, leading five players in double figures, as Stephen F. Austin defeated Southern University 79-52 Friday night to move into the championship game of the Etech Lumberjack Classic.
The host school will face Central Arkansas, which earlier defeated Cal State-Fullerton 69-49, in Saturday night's final.
Walt Harris scored 13 points, Eddie Williams had 12 points and five assists, Jordan Glynn had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Jereal Scott 10 points for the Lumberjacks (4-2). Stephen F. Austin led 44-28 at halftime and by more than 20 points for most of the second half.
Southern (0-7), who will play Cal State Fullerton in the consolation game, was led by Norm Nixon Jr. with 10 points.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15