Sugars leads Navy to 73-67 victory over PennDec 5, 2009 - 3:40 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Jordan Sugars had 21 points, 12 rebounds and three steals to help Navy hold off Penn 73-67 on Friday night, denying the Quakers their first win of the season.
After the Midshipmen (4-4) led 32-29 at halftime, Penn (0-5) tied the game at 36 with 15:36 left.
A pair of 3-pointers by Greg Brown and Romeo Garcia put Navy up by six, but the Quakers used an 8-1 run to lead 44-43 with 11:50 remaining.
Jeremy Wilson made a free throw to tie the score, then Mark Veazey's three-point play gave the Midshipmen the lead for good with 10:48 to go.
The Quakers could get no closer than three points the rest of the way as Navy made 18 of 23 free throws in the second half.
Chris Harris, who entered the game leading the Patriot League in scoring at 21.6 points per game, added 16 points for the Midshipmen.
Jack Eggleston and Zack Rosen scored 18 points apiece for Penn.
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Jones helps No. 17 Butler top Penn Jan 3
- No. 17 Butler plays host to Penn Jan 2