Crawford's 21 lead Xavier past Kent State 77-61Dec 5, 2009 - 3:05 AM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 21 points to lead Xavier to a 77-61 win over Kent State on Friday night.
Crawford shot 8 of 13 from the field and made five 3-pointers for the Musketeers (5-2), who extended their home winning streak to 13 games. Terrell Holloway scored 13 points, while Jason Love had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Xavier's lead was cut to 49-48 with 14:01 left in the second half on a dunk by Kent State's Brandon Parks. But the Musketeers answered with a 13-3 run, capped by Dante' Jackson's 3-pointer to give them a 62-51 lead with 9:09 left to play.
Crawford hit a jumper and followed with a fastbreak layup to put Xavier, which shot 57.4 percent from the floor (27-for-47) for the game, ahead by 12. The Golden Flashes (5-3) shot 36.9 percent from the field (24-for-65).
Justin Greene and McKee each led Kent State with 13 points.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch Mar 27
- Arizona and Xavier collide in Sweet 16 Mar 26