Montana State tops Northern Colorado 87-63Dec 5, 2009 - 5:17 AM BOZEMAN, Mont.(AP) -- Marquise Navarre scored a career-high 22 points, and Bobby Howard added 21 points and nine rebounds Friday night as Montana State opened Big Sky Conference play with an 87-63 rout of previously unbeaten Northern Colorado.
Navarre scored 12 points in the first half and led MSU (3-3, 1-0) on a 15-2 run that turned a six-point deficit into a 28-21 lead. The Bobcats led 35-33 at halftime, but scored the first nine points of the second half and never let the Bears (7-1, 0-1) get closer than six the rest of the way.
Navarre's previous career best was 14 points against Boise State in 2008. MSU, which hit 10 of 25 from beyond the 3-point arc, had five players score in double figures.
Senior guard Will Figures had 24 points to lead UNC, but he was the only Bears player in double figures.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9
- Tisdale, Richardson, guide Illinois past Northern Colorado Dec 12
- Northern Colorado moves quickly to replace Boyle Apr 20