Michigan grabs 67-53 win over Arkansas-Pine BluffDec 5, 2009 - 9:10 PM ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Manny Harris scored 16 of his 18 points in the second half as Michigan ended a three-game losing streak with a 67-53 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Saturday.
DeShawn Sims added 19 points and 10 rebounds for Michigan (4-3), which hadn't won since an overtime victory over Creighton on Nov. 26.
Savalance Townsend scored 17 points for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-6), which has lost all but one of its games this year by double digits.
The Golden Lions pulled into a 32-32 halftime tie on Terrance Calvin's buzzer-beating jumper, and would have had a comfortable lead if not for Sims' 15 points and six rebounds in the first half.
After shooting 54 percent from the floor in the first half, the Golden Lions missed 11 of their first 13 shots in the second period. That allowed Michigan to take a 57-40 lead with 7:44 to play, and the Wolverines cruised to victory.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12