Old Dominion defeats Delaware 65-44Dec 6, 2009 - 3:03 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 16 points and Old Dominion snapped a three-game losing streak with a 65-44 win over Delaware in the Colonial Athletic Association opener for both teams.
Kevon Carter added 13 points for the Monarchs (5-3). Carter and Lee each made 6 of 9 field goal attempts. The Monarchs shot 46.2 percent (24-for-52) from the field despite making only 17.6 percent (3-for-17) of their 3-point attempts.
The Monarchs led 33-20 at halftime and opened the second half with a 13-0 run to lead 46-20. They led by as many as 28 points at 52-24 on a jumper by Lee with 10:46 to play in the game.
Old Dominion turned the ball over only 10 times compared to 22 for Delaware. The Monarchs had 11 steals, including five by Carter.
The Blue Hens (1-6), which lost for the fourth time in a row, were led by Kelvin McNeil with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10