Dayton defeats Lehigh 89-71Dec 5, 2009 - 9:26 PM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Dayton turned to its inside game in the second half for an 89-71 victory over Lehigh on Saturday.
The Flyers (5-2) began to break down Lehigh's zone late in the first half and continued to score inside in the second half, bulding as much as a 29-point lead. Backup center Devin Searcy scored 10 of his season-high 13 points in the second half.
Dayton, who has habitually fallen behind by double figures this season, trailed only 3-2 against Lehigh (3-5).
The Flyers made four of their first five shots and went on a 13-4 run to end the half ahead 41-26.
The Flyers' run was fueled by forcing turnovers, attacking the basket and making 6 of 7 free throws.
Lehigh, which has never beaten at Atlantic 10 team, was led by C.J. McCollum with 16 points.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18