Vermont 88, N.J. Tech 49Dec 5, 2009 - 10:11 PM NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Maurice Joseph scored 19 points to lead Vermont in an 88-49 win over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday.
Joseph shot 5-for-7 and nailed four 3-pointers for the Catamounts (5-4). Ben Crenca chipped in with 15 points, while Marqus Blakely added 13.
After holding a 39-32 lead at halftime, Vermont opened the second half with an 11-2 run to take a 50-34 advantage. N.J. Tech was later held scoreless for almost five minutes, and the Catamounts capped a 17-0 run with 9:25 left to put the contest out of reach.
Isaiah Wilkerson led the Highlanders (3-5) with 15 points, and Drejon Scott added 11.
Vermont shot 61.2 percent from the field in the game (30-for-49), including 63.6 percent from 3-point range (7-for-11). The Catamounts also outrebounded N.J.I.T. 38-24.
The Highlanders shot only 36.7 percent from the field (18-for-49).
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13