Arkansas ends skid, beats Mississippi Valley 91-54Dec 5, 2009 - 11:26 PM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Arkansas used a balanced attack to snap a four-game losing streak Saturday, defeating Mississippi Valley State 91-54.
The Razorbacks (3-5) had lost consecutive home games to Morgan State, East Tennessee State and South Alabama, and a road game at Oklahoma before Saturday. But against the Delta Devils (1-7), Arkansas had little problems, shooting 51.6 percent from the floor while outrebounding Mississippi Valley State, 45-28.
Eleven Razorback players scored, led by Jemal Farmer with 18 points. Marshawn Powell and Stefan Welsh added 15 each.
Saturday's game pitted former college teammates John Pelphrey and Sean Woods against one anotheras coaches. Pelphrey and Woods were members of Kentucky's team tabbed as "The Unforgettables" and both have their jerseys retired in Rupp Arena.
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29