Northern Colorado stops Montana 59-48Dec 6, 2009 - 4:46 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Yahosh Bonner scored 19 points Saturday and helped put the clamps on Montana leading scorer Anthony Johnson to lead Northern Colorado to a 59-48 Big Sky Conference victory.
Bonner was 10 for 10 from the free-throw line and the Bears were a combined 9 of 10 from the line over the final 3 1/2 minutes.
Will Figures and Mike Proctor each added 11 points for Northern Colorado (8-1, 1-1 Big Sky), which was coming off its first loss of the season Friday at Montana State.
Brian Qvale led Montana (5-3, 1-1) with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Johnson, who averages more than 20 points per game, was limited to just seven points on 2-for-10 shooting. The 48 points was a season-low for the Grizzlies.
Northern Colorado built a 35-25 lead on a baseline jumper from Figures 6 minutes into the second half. The Grizzlies never got closer than six the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 59
MONTANA 48 FINAL
Dec 5 10:54 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 24
MONTANA 21 HALFTIME
Dec 5 9:52 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8