Quinnipiac rolls past Fairleigh Dickinson 73-52Dec 5, 2009 - 10:49 PM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- Justin Rutty had 23 points and eight rebounds, and James Feldeine added 22 points as Quinnipiac defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 73-52 on Saturday.
Freshman Dave Johnson had career highs in points (10), assists (six) and steals (three) without committing a turnover in 26 minutes for the Bobcats (4-3, 1-0 Northeast Conference). Fellow freshman Jamee Jackson also had eight rebounds.
Quinnipiac jumped out to an 18-4 lead and led 36-26 at halftime.
Feldeine hit a layup to give the Bobcats a 54-34 lead with 13:03 left and Rutty's jumper pushed the advantage to 64-40 with 8:10 remaining.
Deontay's Twyman's 3-pointer gave Quinnipiac a 71-43 lead with 5:12 to play.
The Bobcats won the rebounding battle 43-36, the seventh consecutive game they've outrebounded their opponents.
Sean Baptiste led Fairleigh Dickinson (1-7, 0-1) with 21 points and Mike Scott added 14 points.
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19