Hoffarber scores 13 as Minnesota routs Brown 91-55Dec 5, 2009 - 10:31 PM MINNEAPOLIS(AP) -- Blake Hoffarber scored 13 points and 10 rebounds and Lawrence Westbrook and Damian Johnson each added 12 points as Minnesota snapped its three-game losing streak by coasting past Brown 91-55 on Saturday.
After losing to Portland, Texas A&M and Miami by a total of 11 points and falling out of the Top 25, the Gophers (5-3) responded by overwhelming the Bears (4-6) early.
Brown's only lead came in the opening minutes when Adrian Williams hit a 3-pointer to put the Bears up 3-2. But Minnesota was off and running after that. The Gophers had two big scoring runs in the first half - 14-0 and two 13-0 spurts - and led by as many as 37 points in the opening period.
Steve Gruber and Andrew McCarthy each scored 10 points to lead Brown.
- NCAA BB
MINNESOTA 91 FINAL
Dec 5 5:18 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BROWN 20 20
MINNESOTA 51 51 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
BROWN - MATT MULLERY 5, THREE PLAYERS WITH 3
MINNESOTA - AL NOLEN 10, RALPH SAMPSON III 9,
LAWRENCE WESTBROOK 8
Dec 5 4:21 PM
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Despite dismal season, Pitino exudes optimism for future Mar 10
- Pitino to assess status of 3 suspended players after season Mar 8
- Suspended Minnesota player reported theft of phone to police Mar 3
- Minnesota's Pitino suspends 3 players for rest of season Mar 1