Lewis rallies UMKC past Centenary 84-83Dec 6, 2009 - 4:47 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Bakari Lewis scored 18 points, including a jumper with 4 seconds left that gave Missouri-Kansas City an 84-83 victory over Centenary on Saturday night.
Lewis scored seven points in the final minute to give the Kangaroos (4-3, 1-1 Summit League) their only lead of a second half in which the Gentlemen (4-3, 1-1) led by as many as 12 points, 77-65, with 4:39 left.
UMKC sliced the lead to 80-77 with 2:19 left, and a 3-pointer by Lewis cut the margin to 81-80 with 52 seconds remaining. David Perez, who led Centenary with 23 points, hit two free throws for a three-point lead, but Lewis cut it to 83-82 on a layup with 30 seconds to play.
LaTreze Mushatt and Trey McKinney-Jones added 17 points apiece for UMKC.
Roman Tubner scored 17 for Centenary, which led 43-36 after a first half that was tied 11 times.
- NCAA BB
CENTENARY 83 FINAL
Dec 5 10:43 PM
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8