W. Carolina holds off Furman 64-57Dec 5, 2009 - 11:34 PM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Richie Gordon scored 15 points and Jake Robinson added 13, helping Western Carolina hold off Furman 64-57 on Saturday.
The Catamounts (7-1, 2-0 Southern Conference) held just a 55-53 lead with 1:51 left in the game, but Robinson converted a three-point play to spark a 9-4 game-winning run for Western Carolina.
Gordon finished 7-for-9 from the floor for the Catamounts, who have won six straight, and Robinson was 4-for-8. Robinson also hit all three of his team's 3-pointers in the win.
The Paladins (5-2, 1-1) finished 1-for-14 from beyond the arc.
Western Carolina led Furman by five points at halftime and outscored the Paladins 36-34 in the second half.
The Catamounts outscored Furman 34-18 in the paint, and got 27 bench points. The Paladins' bench scored just seven points.
Jordan Miller paced the Paladins with 15 points.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5