BYU bounces back with 69-43 win over San FranciscoDec 6, 2009 - 1:45 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Jackson Emery scored 14 points to lead four BYU players in double figures as the Cougars defeated San Francisco 69-43 Saturday afternoon.
Jimmer Freddette added 13 points, Tyler Haws 12 and Jonathan Tavernari 10 as the Cougars (6-1) bounced back from Wednesday's road loss at Utah State by holding the Dons (2-6) to 19 second-half points.
Emery was 5 of 7 from the field, including 3 of 5 on 3-point attempts. Tavernari's two 3-pointers pushed him past Mark Bigelow as BYU's all-time leader in 3-pointers with 214.
San Francisco lost its sixth straight after starting the season 2-0. The 43 points were the Dons' lowest offensive output since a 61-40 setback to Cal Poly last year.
Moustapha Diarra had 13 points and Kwame Vaugh 10 for San Francisco, which was playing without leading scorer Dio Lowhown (illness).
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17