Mount St. Mary's, Md. 66, St. Francis, Pa. 73Dec 6, 2009 - 3:32 AM LORETTO, Pa. (AP) -- Will Felder scored 19 points and Devin Sweetney had a double-double to help St. Francis (Pa.) defeat Mount St. Mary's (Md.) 73-66 on Saturday night.
Sweetney scored 16 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had five assists as the Red Flashes (3-5, 2-0 Northeast Conference) ended an eight-game losing streak to the Mountaineers (3-5, 0-2).
St. Francis led 32-27 at halftime before opening the second half on a 14-9 run. Anthony Ervin hit three 3-pointers during the stretch, and put the Red Flashes ahead 46-36 on a 3 with 14:21 remaining.
The Mountaineers pulled within 67-62 with 1:11 to play, but St. Francis responded by hitting 6 of 6 from the free throw line to seal the win.
Jeremy Goode and Kelly Beidler scored 17 points each for the Mountaineers. Beidler grabbed eight rebounds and Shawn Atupem chipped in 11 points for Mount St. Mary's.
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- Balanced attack paces Marquette past Mount St. Mary's Nov 12