Wright State tops Youngstown State 67-54Dec 6, 2009 - 2:44 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Troy Tabler scored 24 points to lead Wright State to a 67-54 win over Youngstown State on Saturday night.
Tabler was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free-throw line for the Raiders (5-2, 2-0 Horizon League), while Todd Brown chipped in with 15 points and eight rebounds.
A 3-pointer from Youngstown State's Vance Cooksey cut the Raiders' lead to two points midway through the second half, but two unanswered 3-pointers from Tabler and Ronnie Thomas pushed Wright State's lead to 48-40 with 9:22 remaining.
The Penguins (3-5, 0-2) would get no closer than within five points, as Wright State ended the game with an 8-2 run.
Sirlester Martin led Youngstown State with 16 points, nine rebounds and three blocks. The Penguins have now lost three straight.
The Raiders shot only 36.5 percent from the field (19-for-52), but scored 24 points off Youngstown State's 23 turnovers.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12
- No. 11 Cincinnati tops Wright State Dec 22
- Cincinnati hopes to avoid upset in clash with Wright State Dec 22