Louisiana-Lafayette beats Sam Houston State, 95-85Dec 5, 2009 - 10:47 PM HUNTSVILLE, Texas(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 31 points and pulled down 14 rebounds Saturday to lead Louisiana-Lafayette to a 95-85 victory over Sam Houston State.
Down 48-42 at intermission, the Ragin' Cajuns outscored Sam Houston State 53-37 in the second half. Randell Daigle, who scored 10 points for Louisiana-Lafayette, gave the Cajuns (2-4) the lead for good at 63-60 with a 3-point basket with 12:32 to play.
Gilberto Clavell led Sam Houston State (5-3) with a season-high 26 points. Ashton Mitchell added 18 points and Corey Allmond scored 17 for the Bearkats.
Ryan McCoy scored 13 points, Chris Gradnigo 12 and Lamar Roberson 10 for Louisiana-Lafayette.
Sam Houston State made only 60 percent of its free throws (27-for-45). The Cajuns shot 65 percent from the field (34-of-52).
UL LAFAYETTE 95
SAM HOUSTON ST 85 FINAL
Dec 5 5:28 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 42
SAM HOUSTON ST 48 HALFTIME
Dec 5 4:03 PM
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17