Jackson ignites Siena over Albany, NY 83-54Dec 6, 2009 - 4:03 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Clarence Jackson scored a season-high 25 points as Siena jumped out quickly and never looked back in an 83-54 rout of crosstown rival Albany (N.Y.) on Saturday night.
Fifteen of Jackson's points, including three 3-pointers, came in the opening 8:29 as the Saints (5-3) built a 25-10 lead.
A 12-2 burst in the final 6:01 gave them a 49-23 lead at the end of a half in which they shot 54.8 percent (17-for-31) to Albany's 35.5 percent (11-for-31) and forced 12 turnovers.
Alex Franklin added 14 points, Ronald Moore had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Ryan Rossiter scored 12 for Siena, which led by as many as 36 points in the second half.
Will Harris scored 17 points to lead the Great Danes (3-6).
Siena has won its past five games with Albany and eight of the past nine, but the previous four victories had come by a combined total of just 20 points.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31