Oral Roberts holds off Southern Utah 68-53Dec 6, 2009 - 3:28 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Michael Craion scored 18 of his game-high 22 points in the second half to help Oral Roberts withstand a late rally in a 68-53 victory over Southern Utah on Saturday night.
Kevin Ford added 12 points for the Golden Eagles (5-4, 2-0 Summit League), who defeated the Thunderbirds (3-6, 0-2) for the 15th straight time dating back to 2003.
Ryan Brimley, who didn't score in the first 28 minutes, paced Southern Utah with 19 points.
Oral Roberts' biggest lead was 45-24, but Brimley scored 14 points in six minutes to help Southern Utah cut its deficit to 51-45 with 5:01 left. In the next minute, however, baskets by Craion and Warren Niles boosted the Golden Eagles' lead to 55-45, and the Thunderbirds didn't get closer than nine points the rest of the game.
The Golden Eagles made 24-of-31 free throws while Southern Utah sank 7 of 12.
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24