Alabama A&M beats Tuskegee 73-51Dec 6, 2009 - 4:54 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Casey Cantey scored 28 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Alabama A&M to a 73-51 win over Tuskegee on Saturday night.
Evan Hilton added 14 points for the Bulldogs (3-3), who snapped a two-game skid.
Bo Amusa grabbed seven rebounds, blocked six shots and scored four points for the Bulldogs. Cantey finished 10-for-17 from the floor and 8 of 9 from the foul line.
After trailing by two points at halftime, Byron Fisher hit a 3 to put Tuskegee up 34-33 to start the second half.
The Bulldogs went on a 17-0 run from that point and cruised from there.
Alabama A&M outscored Tuskegee 36-26 in the paint and capitalized on 23 turnovers. The Bulldogs shot only 36.8 percent from the floor (21-for-57) but Tuskegee posted just a 27.6 mark (16-for-58).
Lorell Friend led Tuskegee (1-3) with 11 points.
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- No.19 Michigan State cruises past Tuskegee Dec 16
- Tuskegee comes calling on No. 19 Michigan State Dec 15
- No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&M Dec 17
- Alabama A&M pays visit to No. 20 Michigan Dec 17
- Crimson Tide stay perfect, down Bulldogs Nov 24
- Tide expected to roll in clash with visiting Bulldogs Nov 23
- Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 56-45 in SWAC Mar 11
- Alabama A&M defeats Grambling State 81-60 Mar 6
- Jackson State holds off Alabama A&M 70-64 Mar 4
- Texas Southern overwhelms Alabama A&M 98-57 Mar 2