Southeast Missouri tops Tennessee State 74-66Dec 6, 2009 - 4:52 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Anthony Allison scored 18 points to lead Southeast Missouri to a 74-66 win over Tennessee State on Saturday night.
Sam Pearson added 16 points while shooting 12-for-12 from the free throw line for the Redhawks (3-6, 1-1 Ohio Valley Conference), while Marland Smith chipped in with 14 points.
A jumper from Smith with 10:41 remaining in the first half capped a 7-0 run and gave the Redhawks an 18-7 lead. Southeast Missouri held a 31-17 advantage at halftime.
The Redhawks would go up by as many as 19 points after a dunk from Cameron Butler made the score 42-23, but Tennessee State went on a 15-1 run to cut the lead to 43-38 with 12:02 remaining. However, the Tigers failed to get any closer than three points the rest of the way.
The Tigers (1-8, 0-2) were led by Jeremiah Crutcher, who scored 21 points.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8
- Tennessee State seeks upset of No. 12 Missouri Dec 8