Kansas State tops Washington State 86-69Dec 6, 2009 - 4:35 AM By JOHN MARSHALL AP Sports Writer
MANHATTAN, Kan.(AP) -- Dominique Sutton had 16 points and pressured Washington State's Klay Thompson into a frustrating night, leading Kansas State to an 86-69 rout of the Cougars Saturday night.
Kansas State (7-1) looked sharp coming off its worst game of the season, using a swarming defense to set up easy baskets on offense. Denis Clemente scored 17 of his 21 points in the second half to prevent a comeback and Jacob Pullen added 21 for the Wildcats, who scored 39 points off Washington State's 25 turnovers.
The Cougars (6-2) had no answer for Kansas State's pressure, fumbling their way to an insurmountable 20-point hole in the first half. Thompson, the nation's second-leading scorer, had 22 points, hitting all 11 of his free throws to get there.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1