Colorado State defeats Denver, 64-59Dec 6, 2009 - 5:07 AM FORT COLLINS, Colo.(AP) -- Adam Nigon scored 14 points Saturday night to lead Colorado State to a 64-59 victory over Denver.
Andy Ogide added 12 points and a team-high six rebounds for the Rams (5-3). Nigon made three of Colorado State's four 3-pointers in the game. The Rams were 32-for-42 (76 percent) from the free-throw line to overcome 38 percent shooting from the field.
Andrew Hooper scored 11 points, making three of his four 3-point attempts, to lead Denver (5-2). Brian Stafford, Sabatino Chen and Nate Rohnert scored 10 points each for the Pioneers. Rohnert had five assists.
Colorado State led 35-29 at halftime.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23