New Mexico sweeps New Mexico State, 75-58Dec 6, 2009 - 4:19 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Roman Martinez scored 21 points to lead four New Mexico players in double figures, helping the Lobos remain undefeated with a 75-58 victory over New Mexico State on Saturday night.
Martinez did most of his damage on 3-pointers, hitting 5 of 8 as New Mexico (8-0) swept the home-and-home season series. Darington Hobson added 14 points.
Gordo Castillo led New Mexico State (2-5) with 17 points.
Midway through the first half, the Lobos, who never trailed, went on a 22-5 run to expand their lead to 33-10. A.J. Hardeman's seven points and blocked shot fueled the run.
New Mexico led by 26 points, 53-27, at the 15:35 mark of the second half before the Aggies rallied to within 67-58 with three minutes left.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- UNM investigating purchasing activity on staffer's card Dec 22
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Lobos forward's career over because of spinal condition Nov 19
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3