Utah holds firm in 68-56 win over Idaho StateDec 6, 2009 - 4:40 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- David Foster had 12 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs, to lift Utah to a 68-56 win over Idaho State on Saturday night.
Jay Watkins led the Utes (4-4) with 15 points, playing in his fourth game after missing the first four of the season with a stress fracture in his pelvis.
Demetrius Monroe scored a career-best 19 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Bengals (2-6), which finished a four-game road swing.
The Utes, who lost three of their previous four games, put the Bengals away early as Marshall Henderson swished back-to-back 3-pointers and lifted his team to a 25-8 lead. Henderson finished with 12 points on four baskets from beyond the arc.
Utah led 40-15 at the half after holding Idaho State to 25 percent shooting in the first 20 minutes.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11
- Utah Utes looking to build on Sweet 16 run without Wright Oct 28