Wyoming beats Loyola Marymount 76-70Dec 6, 2009 - 4:46 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Ryan Dermody scored 15 points as Wyoming defeated Loyola Marymount 76-70 on Saturday night.
The Cowboys (4-4) led by as many as 13 late in the first half, but the Lions (3-6) regained the lead with 12 minutes remaining. The Lions were up by three, 69-66, with 2:48 to play, only to see the Cowboys outscore them 10-1 down the stretch.
Kevin Young and Vernon Teel scored 16 points each for Loyola Marymount..
The Lions outrebounded the Cowboys 53-30, grabbing 27 offensive rebounds.
Desmar Jackson scored 13 points for Wyoming, with Adam Waddell adding 12 and Djibril Thiam 11.
The Cowboys shot 38.6 percent from the field, but were 26 of 34 from the free-throw line.
Wyoming forced 22 turnovers and had 10 blocked shots and 12 steals, scoring 23 points off of the miscues.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 70
WYOMING 76 FINAL
Dec 5 11:13 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 31
WYOMING 42 HALFTIME
Dec 5 9:52 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17