Montana State rallies past Northern Arizona 62-50Dec 6, 2009 - 4:07 AM BOZEMAN, Mont.(AP) -- Bobby Howard had 16 points and 12 rebounds for his first career double-double and Marquis Navarre added 15 points as Montana State overcame a frigid first half of shooting to defeat Northern Arizona 62-50 Saturday night.
Howard had 12 points and eight rebounds in the second half for the Bobcats (4-3, 2-0 Big Sky), who missed 14 of their first 15 shots and trailed 28-23 at halftime.
Nick Larson had 10 points to lead the Lumberjacks (2-5, 0-2).
Montana State scored the first 13 points after intermission.
The Bobcats took the lead for good with three consecutive three-point plays followed by a tomahawk dunk and a jump shot by Will Bynum, who had 13 of his 14 points after the break. Bynum's baskets made it 36-28 with 15:32 to play. Montana State extended its lead to as many as 16 points and shot 60 percent in the second half.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13
- Lumberjacks try to chop down Runnin' Rebels Nov 12