Late run gives Pacific 61-58 win over NevadaDec 6, 2009 - 5:52 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Sam Willard had 19 points and seven rebounds Saturday night to lead Pacific to a 61-58 victory over Nevada.
Willard, who matched his career-high point total, scored inside with 59 seconds remaining to break the game's ninth tie as Pacific (6-1) finished with a 7-0 run.
Demetrece Young began the game-ending spurt with a 3-pointer in transition after Nevada had taken its final lead on Luke Babbitt's bank shot with 2:42 remaining.
Pacific's Terrell Smith missed the second of two free throws with 11 seconds to play, giving Nevada a chance to send the game into overtime. But after a Nevada time-out, Joe Ford blocked Armon Johnson's 3-point attempt from 22 feet at the buzzer.
Johnson led the Wolf Pack (2-4) with 18 points. Babbitt had 17 points and 10 rebounds for Nevada.
- NCAA BB
PACIFIC 61 FINAL
Dec 6 12:07 AM
- NCAA BB
PACIFIC 29 HALFTIME
Dec 5 10:54 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2