Christopher, Randle lead Cal to 82-63 victoryDec 6, 2009 - 6:23 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Patrick Christopher had 20 points and 11 rebounds, and Jerome Randle added 18 points as California defeated Iowa State 82-63 on Saturday night.
Jorge Gutierrez added 12 points and Amoke Omondi had 11 points and 14 rebounds for the Bears (5-3).
Craig Brackins led Iowa State (6-3) with 21 points, while Marquis Gilstrap had 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The two teams met as part of the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series, which is in its third year.
Iowa State cut Cal's lead to 47-42 with 15:05 left on Brackins' slam, but the Bears went on a 10-0 run, building a commanding 57-42 edge.
Iowa State entered the game shooting a sizzling 47.9 percent from 3-point range but made just 3 of 17 from beyond the arc against Cal.
- NCAA BB
IOWA ST 63
CALIFORNIA 82 FINAL
Dec 6 1:03 AM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA STATE 31 31
CALIFORNIA 38 38 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
IOWA STATE - CRAIG BRACKINS 12, MARQUIS GILSTRAP 8,
LARON DENDY 4
CALIFORNIA - JEROME RANDLE 12, JORGE GUTIERREZ 9,
OMONDI AMOKE 6
Dec 5 11:55 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24