Niagara rolls past Loyola 77-57Dec 6, 2009 - 11:09 PM LEWISTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Tyrone Lewis scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as Niagara defeated Loyola (Md.) 77-57 on Sunday.
Bilal Benn had 13 points and 10 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season and the Purple Eagles (6-3, 2-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) were 13-for-30 from beyond the arc (43.3 percent).
Niagara led 38-30 at halftime and increased the lead to 47-37 before going on a 12-2 run for a 59-39 advantage with 9:49 to play.
Demetrious Williamson hit consecutive 3-pointers and Kashief Edwards scored four straight points in the run. They finished with 11 points each.
Niagara outscored Loyola 26-4 on fastbreak points.
Jamal Barney led the Greyhounds (4-4, 0-2) with 18 points and 11 rebounds and J'hared Hall added 10 points.
The Purple Eagles held Loyola leading scorer Brett Harvey, who entered averaging 15.1 points, to five points.
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5