Princeton knocks off Lafayette 62-48Dec 7, 2009 - 12:22 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Douglas Davis hit seven 3-pointers and scored 23 points to lead Princeton to a 62-48 victory over Lafayette on Sunday.
The Tigers (3-4) ended a four-game losing streak by shooting 62.5 percent from the field (15-for-24) in the second half and outscoring Lafayette 31-17 in the final 15:29.
Lafayette (4-5), which has lost four straight games, led 37-36 on Ben Wheeler's 3-pointer with 12:18 left, but Davis hit a 3-pointer for a 39-37 lead and the Tigers didn't trail again.
Patrick Saunders' jumper gave Princeton a 49-41 lead with 5:17 remaining and Davis hit another 3-pointer for an 11-point advantage with 4:24 to play.
Davis was 7-for-11 from the 3-point line and Princeton was 12-for-23 from beyond the arc (52.2 percent).
Saunders scored 15 points and Dan Mavraides had 13 points and eight rebounds for Princeton.
Jared Mintz scored 17 points to lead Lafayette.
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22
- Leopards hope to claw way past 13th-ranked Golden Gophers Dec 22
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21