Army defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 61-40Dec 8, 2009 - 3:38 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Julian Simmons scored 17 points to lead Army in a 61-40 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Monday night.
Cleveland Richard added 12 points for the Black Knights (6-2), who rebounded from a 74-67 loss against Buffalo on Dec. 3.
Army opened the game with a 14-0 lead after a layup from Richard with 14:31 to go in the first half. A jumper from Sean Baptiste with 13:35 left broke Fairleigh Dickinson's dry spell, and they trailed 32-16 at halftime.
A 3-pointer from Nathan Hedgecock with 14:08 remaining in the second half made the score 41-19 for Army's largest lead of the game, and they never looked back.
Fairleigh Dickinson (1-8) was paced by Louis Larizza and Kamil Svrdlik, who scored eight points apiece. Fairleigh Dickinson has lost six games in a row.
Army outrebounded Fairleigh Dickinson 34-24, and shot 51.2 percent from the field (22-for-43) for the game.
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20