Arkansas defeats Delaware State 71-53Dec 8, 2009 - 3:15 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Marshawn Powell scored 14 of his game-high 20 points in the first half as Arkansas defeated Delaware State 71-53 Monday night.
Arkansas (4-5) shot a season-best 65.9 percent from the field, and Rotnei Clarke added 14 points, including four 3-pointers.
Delaware State (4-3) was led by Marcus Neal, who had 18 points.
The victory gave Arkansas back-to-back wins for the first time since beating North Texas and Texas in early January.
Powell tallied nine early points as Arkansas built an 11-4 lead. The freshman was 6 of 8 from the field in the opening 20 minutes.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DELAWARE STATE 23 30 53
ARKANSAS 34 37 71 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: DELAWARE STATE - MARCUS NEAL 20, JAY THREATT 14,
ALIBABA ODD 5
ARKANSAS - MARSHAWN POWELL 21, ROTNEI CLARKE 14,
MICHAEL WASHINGTON 8
Dec 7 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 23
ARKANSAS 34 HALFTIME
Dec 7 8:49 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29