Vermont defeats Yale 72-60Dec 8, 2009 - 3:25 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Nick Vier scored 17 points to lead Vermont in a 72-60 win over Yale on Monday night.
Joey Accaoui added 14 points for the Catamounts (6-4), while Maurice Joseph chipped in with 13 points.
Vermont has now won four games in a row. With the win, the Catamounts now lead the all-time series 11-10.
Vermont led 34-32 at halftime, and held a 62-60 lead with 2:54 remaining in the second half. But the Bulldogs (3-6) failed to score again the rest of the way, and Vermont ended the game with a 10-0 run.
In the last 4 minutes of play, Yale committed four turnovers and shot 1-for-3 from the field.
Michael Sands led the Bulldogs with 15 points, while Alex Zampier chipped in with 13.
Vermont was outrebounded 33-29, but scored 23 points off of Yale's 16 turnovers. The Catamounts shot 51.1 percent from the field (24-for-47).
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24