Charleston beats UNC-Greensboro 67-64Dec 8, 2009 - 2:53 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 28 points, helping College of Charleston stay undefeated in conference play with a 67-64 win over North Carolina-Greensboro on Monday night.
The Cougars (4-3, 3-0 Southern Conference) led by as many as 10 points after Goudelock's 3 with 5:27 left to play put them up 62-52.
But the Spartans (2-5, 1-1) went on a 10-2 run from that juncture, pulling within 64-62 on Kyle Randall's layup with 1:33 remaining. Casaan Breeden hit a 3 for Charleston's final points after a UNC-Greensboro timeout, though, and the Spartans missed on two 3-point attempts in the final 13 seconds.
Breeden finished with 14 points and Jeremy Simmons added 10 for the Cougars. Goudelock hit four 3-pointers and Breeden sank three more for the Cougars, who connected on 10 3s in the win.
Ben Stywall paced UNC-Greensboro with 21 points and 14 boards.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 67
UNC GREENSBORO 64 FINAL
Dec 7 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 37
UNC GREENSBORO 31 HALFTIME
Dec 7 7:47 PM
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5