Western Carolina defeats Bradley, 75-67Dec 8, 2009 - 3:40 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Jake Robinson scored 21 points and Western Carolina rallied from 10 points down in the second half Monday night to defeat Bradley 75-67.
The Catamounts (8-1) trailed 56-46 midway through the second half, but went on a 23-4 run in the next six minutes to take a 69-60 lead with 4:13 to play. Bradley got within three points, but Western Carolina went 6-for-6 from the free-throw line to hold on for the victory.
Brigham Waginger and Harouna Mutombo scored 14 points each for the Catamounts. Mutombo had 10 rebounds.
Taylor Brown scored 18 points, making eight of his 10 shots, to lead the Braves (5-3). Andrew Warren scored 14 points, with seven rebounds, and Sam Maniscalco added 10 points for Bradley.
Western Carolina shot 49 percent from the field. Bradley shot 41 percent, and just 33 percent from the field in the second half.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 75
BRADLEY 67 FINAL
Dec 7 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 38
BRADLEY 37 HALFTIME
Dec 7 8:58 PM
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops Bradley Jan 13
- Panthers and Braves mix it up in Missouri Valley melee Jan 13
- No. 15 Wichita State uses strong second half to top Bradley Jan 7
- Braves seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Jan 7
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6