Colorado rolls past Colorado Christian, 84-65Dec 8, 2009 - 4:34 AM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Cory Higgins scored 15 of his 25 points in the second half, helping Colorado shut down Colorado Christian's long-shot comeback bid for an 84-65 victory Monday night.
Alec Burks and Levi Knutson each added 11 points for the Buffaloes (6-3), who improved to 5-0 at home, their best start at home since winning the first five at home in 2005-06.
Jobi Wall led Colorado Christian (1-5) with 18 points. Justin Neuhaus added 16 points, Anthony Urrutia had 13 and Abram Ziemer added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Division II Cougars.
Colorado led by as many as 30 points in the first half before settling for a 47-27 advantage at the break.
The Cougars got within 66-56 on Rye Olson's 3-pointer with 8:15 left, but Higgins answered with a 3-pointer, then scored the Buffaloes' next seven points to put the game out of reach.
Colorado Christian appeared overmatched early on, failing to score their first basket until 4:28 into the game and falling behind 28-8.
Midway through the first half, the Buffaloes put together a 14-0 run. Keegan Hornbuckle, Casey Crawford and Knutson all had 3-pointers during the spree while Austin Dufault capped the burst with a three-point play.
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Colorado's Xavier Johnson tears Achilles Jun 25
- Arizona eases past Colorado Feb 27
- No. 7 Arizona meets Colorado in Pac-12 tilt Feb 26
- No. 13 Utah blows out Colorado Feb 8
- Utes and Buffs square off in Pac-12 tilt Feb 7
- No. 10 Arizona takes care of Colorado Jan 16