Belmont beats Middle Tennessee 83-71Dec 9, 2009 - 3:53 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Ian Clark scored 20 points, leading four Belmont players in double figures as the Bruins outlasted Middle Tennessee 83-71 on Tuesday night.
Jon House added 17 points for the Bruins (7-2), while Mick Hedgepeth had 13 and Kerron Johnson 11. Clark went 3-for-5 from 3-point range and House was 3-for-3 for Belmont, which finished 9-for-16 from long range (56.3 percent).
The Blue Raiders (4-4) were just 6 of 21 from beyond the arc (28.6 percent).
Belmont opened the game on a 12-4 run, including 3s from both Clark and House, and never trailed again.
The Blue Raiders stayed with Belmont at times in the first and second halves, but could never retake the only lead they held after the game's first basket. Belmont led by six at halftime and outscored Middle Tennessee 45-39 in the second.
Desmond Yates led Middle Tennessee with 20 points.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8