Penn State beats UMBC 58-42Dec 9, 2009 - 1:33 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pa.(AP) -- Jeff Brooks had 14 points and five rebounds to lead Penn State to a 58-42 victory over winless Maryland-Baltimore County on Tuesday night.
Andrew Jones added 10 points and 10 rebounds and Talor Battle had seven points for the Nittany Lions (6-3).
The first half was back and forth with the score tied six times and four lead changes. Penn State took a 27-23 advantage at halftime.
The Nittany Lions opened the second half with a dunk by Jeff Brooks. After the Retrievers missed a shot on the next play, Battle took the ball down the court and hit a 3-pointer to put Penn State up by nine.
Penn State rolled from there, going on a 31-19 run in the second half.
Chris De La Rosa and Brian Neller led UMBC (0-8) with 10 points each. Adrian Satchell added six points and five rebounds.
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn State at a Glance Oct 27
- Penn State's Chambers hopes momentum translates to wins Oct 27
- Freshmen expected to contribute heavily for Penn State Oct 7
- Chambers signs extension with Penn State Mar 20
- Russell rallies Ohio State past Penn State Mar 4
- Buckeyes hit road to tangle with Nittany Lions Mar 4
- No. 5 Wisconsin hangs on to beat Penn State Feb 18
- Penn State entertains No. 5 Wisconsin Feb 18
- Wells, Maryland edge Penn State Feb 15
- Penn State plays host to No. 19 Maryland Feb 14
- Thompson's career night helps Buckeyes top PSU Feb 11