Mount St. Mary's, Md. 38, Old Dominion 64Dec 9, 2009 - 2:39 AM NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 16 points to lead Old Dominion to a 64-38 rout of Mount St. Mary's (Md.) on Tuesday night.
Old Dominion (6-3), which entered the game allowing an average of 55.8 points and 38.9 percent shooting from the field, held the Mountaineers (3-6) to 29.4 percent shooting (15-for-51).
The 38 points were the fewest by a Mount St. Mary's team since moving to Division I in 1988-89 and the fewest in a game since a 57-37 loss to Loyola on Feb. 10, 1950.
The Monarchs' 21-6 run in the final 11:23 of the first half broke open a four-point game and gave Old Dominion a 35-16 lead.
Darius James, who scored 14 points, and Kent Bazemore, who had 10, scored the first two baskets of the second half for a 39-16 advantage.
Old Dominion outrebounded the Mountaineers 50-29.
Mount St. Mary's, which has lost four straight, was led by Jean Cajou, who scored 13 points.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12