St. Francis slips past Hartford 63-60Dec 9, 2009 - 2:40 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Ricky Cadell hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left to lift St. Francis (N.Y.) to a 63-60 win over Hartford on Tuesday night.
With just less than 2 minutes remaining in the game, Clayton Brothers scooped up a loose ball in the paint and put it in off the glass, giving Hartford a 60-58 lead.
The Hawks would not score again, setting up Cadell's game-winning shot. With the Terriers (3-5) up by the final margin, Andres Torres drove up the floor and dished it to Morgan Sabia. With a hand in his face, the center attempted a 3 at the buzzer that bounced off the rim.
Cadell paced the Terriers with 19 points, including a 5-for-11 performance from 3-point range. Akeem Bennett added 15 points, while Kayode Ayeni and Stefan Perunicic had 10 apiece.
Sabia led the Hawks (2-8), who have lost six straight, with 20 points and Joe Zeglinski added 18.
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13