Wright State runs past Toledo 66-56Dec 9, 2009 - 2:22 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins scored 17 points and Todd Brown added 16, leading Wright State to a 66-56 win over Toledo on Tuesday night.
Duggins finished 5-for-10 from the floor and was 5-for-6 from the foul line. Brown was 6-for-12 from the field and hit both of his free throw attempts for the Raiders (6-2), who finished 16-for-18 from the line (88.9 percent). Cory Cooperwood scored 14 points, including hitting 4 of 4 free throws attempts.
Toledo (2-7) was 3 of 5 from the free throw line.
The Raiders opened the game on a 15-3 run and never looked back, taking a 32-19 halftime advantage. Brown sank a layup, a jumper and a 3 in the early run.
The Rockets outscored the Raiders 37-34 in the second half, but it wasn't enough.
Jake Barnett, Toledo's scoring leader coming in at 14.3 points per game, paced the Rockets with 13.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11