Nicholls State tops Southern, New Orleans 94-66Dec 9, 2009 - 4:29 AM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose tied his career best with 27 points, Chris Iles scored a career-high 20 and Fred Hunter posted Nicholls State's first double-double of the season as the Colonels routed Southern University-New Orleans 94-66 on Tuesday night.
Hunter had 19 points and 12 rebounds for Nicholls State (2-8), which has won two straight after losing eight in a row to start the season. The Colonels eclipsed the 90-point mark for the first time since beating Houston-Tillotson 96-53 on Dec. 10, 2008.
Nicholls State never trailed against SUNO, an NAIA school, jumping out to a 24-9 lead and taking a 51-26 margin into halftime.
When the Knights cut the deficit to 62-47 with 11:05 left, the Colonels scored nine straight points, five by Bose, to put the game out of reach.
Ricardo Porter led SUNO with 19 points. Lionel Green added 13 points and Xavier Francis had 12.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17
- Colonels come calling on 14th-ranked Tigers Nov 16
- North Carolina handles Nicholls State Dec 19
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with Tar Heels Dec 19