Northwestern State outlasts LSU-Shreveport 83-73Dec 9, 2009 - 4:11 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Damon Jones scored a season-high 24 points to lead five double-digit scorers for Northwestern State in an 83-73 comeback win over LSU-Shreveport on Tuesday night.
The Pilots, an NAIA school, led by 14 points midway through the first half and had their last lead with 2:38 to go, 73-72. But LSU-Shreveport didn't score again, missing its last seven shots with one turnover.
The Demons (4-3) fell behind 29-15 with 9:33 left in the first half, then used a 19-6 run to pull within a point. The Pilots still led 37-34 at halftime.
The game was tied six times in the second half, the first at 55. Northwestern State took the lead for good at 74-73 with 2:21 remaining.
Dominic Knight added 16 points for the Demons while Michael McConathy, Will Pratt and Charles Clark each scored 10.
Derrick Parker led the Pilots (9-0), who counted the game as an exhibition, with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
LSU SHREVEPORT 73
NORTHWESTERN ST 83 FINAL
Dec 8 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
LSU SHREVEPORT 37
NORTHWESTERN ST 34 HALFTIME
Dec 8 8:56 PM
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 18 Mississippi State bedevils Northwestern State Dec 22
- Demons and Bulldogs duke it out in Jackson Dec 22